Consultations with Irene Smith may be scheduled through FaceTime, Skype, or by phone. To schedule, call (415) 564-1750 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic information on offering bodywork to fragile, seriously ill and/or dying persons, including:
• Modification of standard massage techniques
• Quality assurance methods
• Contra indications
• The emotional impact for the practitioner
• Developing a private practice with the ill and the dying in a home setting
- resource materials included in consults listed above
• How to create a more nurturing caregiving relationship for patient and provider through touch awareness
• The emotional impact of working with the ill and the dying
• Handbooks included
• Development and implementation of a hospice massage program. Manual available at extra cost.
• How to organize a safe and effective on-site clinical practice in skilled nursing facilities, and in hospice care units. Written packet included.
• Any of the topics above or combination of above topics.
• $90 per hour for private persons
• $150 per hour for organizations and schools
"Our consultation was of great value to me. I went into my first hospice massage confident of my skills and prepared with the necessary tools. The gift that consulting with you gave me was that I just needed to show up and not worry about carting around any accessory that I thought necessary for a successful massage. The massage was a success by being there, fully present for another.
Thank you for answering all of my questions and concerns Irene. Your guidance has made me a better massage therapist." — Mary Kate May, Massage Therapist