The first step in hosting a program is to contact Everflowing Director and Founder Irene Smith.
41 Carl Street, #C
San Francisco, CA 94117
Phone: (415) 564-1750
You will receive upon request
• A sponsor's information packet by email which includes: sample flyer for promotion; list of sponsor's responsibilities; check list of supplies and equipment; sample agreement and program curriculum.
Programs Available for Hosting
For a full description of this one-day program for hospice care providers click here.
Touch Awareness in Caregiving may also be offered in customized formats for your organization or staff [information listed below].
Who Should Host This Program
Touch awareness in Caregiving is a valuable addition to hospice volunteer training, as well as continuing education for CNAs, nursing staff and chaplaincy programs.
A One-Day Program
• Fees: $500/day in the Bay Area; $750/day + travel expenses and accommodations out of Bay Area covering Northern California; $1000/day + travel and accommodations out of state.
• Fee includes: Touch Awareness in Caregiving handbook; CEU’s for nurses and/or certificates of attendance if pre-arranged by the host.
• 1.5 hours minimum in Bay Area
• 3 hours minimum outside Bay Area (Northern California only)
• Fee: $150/hour written materials, CEU's for nurses, and/or certificates of attendance will be provided at an extra cost if prearranged by the host.
• Customized programs may be created for various topics, including
- the application of massage in hospice care for volunteers
- implementation of hospice massage programs
"This one-day workshop is perfect for hospice volunteers and staff, as well as massage practitioners who work with the sick. Irene's 'hands-on' exercises as well as her sharing of practical and psychological aspects of the dying person are extremely valuable for hospice caregivers." — Jean Tokarek, Volunteer Coordinator, Visiting Nurses and Hospice of San Francisco
"It is crucial that our volunteers are aware of the power and healing properties of touch." — Stan Stone, Maitri AIDS Residential Care and Hospice